Remember my Starry Moments from yesterday? Well here is no. 4, the one that I needed more time to do it justice. That and because I needed to stop jumping up and down like a lunatic and stop repeating wow, wow, wow……
The wonderful Janie Doh was kind enough to nominate me, and I am more than chuffed to accept. Thank you Janie! Like Janie, I am new to this blogging world, so for someone to want to send me an award means SO much.
So, here goes, my acceptance post…
The rules state that I should share with you 11 things you didn’t know about me. And like Janie, I love a list!
1.) I like hula hooping. I’m not very good at it, but there’s just something about it that makes me really, really happy. Perhaps it reminds me of being little, perhaps it’s because I only do it outside in the sunshine, I don’t know. But I love it. A lot. (The girl in the video isn’t me by the way)
2.) I once sold life insurance to Martin Kemp. An odd moment from my call centre days. I, of course, remained professional, even when I had to ask his phone number. He was starring in Eastenders at the time.
3.) I am petrified of ice. The stuff on pavements, not the stuff in drinks. I walk like an old lady of 90 something whenever I have to go near the stuff. I have fallen on ice a few times now, once on a Christmas Eve when I fell back, hit my head and gave myself whiplash (and then went to work). I like snow, but hate ice. And slush. Yuck.
4.) I hate eggs when you can see the egg white and yolk. I know it isn’t, but the yolk just makes me think of chicks, they’re even the same colour. I used to collect eggs with my Grandma, and put eggs under a heat lamp to get them to hatch – maybe this is why I can’t bear yolks. But I have recently discovered that I like frittatas, just as long as I don’t have to cook them myself or see the yolk.
5.) I am obsessed with Devon Rex cats, and have two boys of my own. They’re the funniest things, part cat, part monkey, part dog, part alien. When they’re naughty they’re very very naughty, but the they make up for it by being the cutest, cuddliest, most adoring of pets. I don’t ever want to be without Devons in my life. Except when I’m old and infirm because they do like to get under your feet and I don;t want to have to have multiple hip replacements. Oh, and I work in a library, so it is almost obligatory to love cats.
6.) I am addicted to chocolate, and cake, and anything with sugar in it, the more the merrier. It’s a problem, particularly as my clothes are getting tighter and tighter. I am trying to limit myself to one sugary treat per day, but it does make the day seem really long!
7.) I am a perfectionist You wouldn’t know it by my typos, or by my untidy desk / bedroom etc, but I have perfectionist tendencies, the sort that I beat myself up about when I don’t live up to the people I see on Pinterest.
8.) I used to hate my name when I was at school. I was the only Amy in every school I went to. I wanted to fit in, I wanted to be a Clare or a Sarah. It has taken a while for me to fall in love with my name, and to appreciate that quirky is good.
9.) I’m stronger than I look – people seem to assume that I am a bit of a wimp (which often feels true mentally), but I can lift A LOT. (ok, I’m struggling to think of things now).
10.) I was engaged – I have the dress, the ring, the works… I went out with my ex for 12 years, but the long and short of it is that we grew apart, I just hadn’t noticed until it was rather bluntly pointed out. But all’s well that ends well 🙂
11.) My favourite film is True Romance by Quentin Tarantino Even I think this is odd, I hate violence, I’ve never done drugs, but I love it. In the midst of all the chaos, it is so utterly romantic.
If there was a 12.) it would be that I’m a constant worrier (but you probably knew that), and I’m now worrying that the other 11 points were rather dull…
Anyways. The second part of the Sunshine blog award states that I have to answer the eleven questions that Janie asked of me, so here we go with those questions…. you really are getting to know a lot about me today!
1. What is the first thing you do as soon as you wake up in the morning? I check my phone for WordPress comments. It’s true.
2. What is your greatest fear? Going crazy and ending up in a mental asylum. Mainly because I’m scared I’d feel claustrophobic and not be allowed to leave.
3. Do you have a new years resolution for 2014? To eat less sugar. Day 3. So far so good.
4. What is your favorite song at the moment? True colours by Jules Larson, such a beautiful rendition, and it reminds me of a friend who has no idea how beautiful she is, inside and out.
5. What is your favorite childhood memory? I can’t narrow it down to one, I am very lucky. I guess I want to keep this little bit to myself.
6. Facebook or Twitter? Facebook, every time. Silver Linings started on Facebook, so I divide my time between here and there. I can’t get into Twitter, it lacks pretty pictures!
7. What did the last text message you received say? Hey lovely! From my gorgeous friend as mentioned in no. 4.
8. What bugs you the most? People who chew with their mouths open – ditto Janie!! Don’t even get me started on this one…
9. What do you consider to be the most important appliance in your house? My bath. Each year Mr SLP and I rent a cottage for a week, but it has to have a bath. I have to be able to lie and wallow in very hot water.
10. If you could have one song that would play whenever you entered a room, what would it be? I have no idea. Suggestions please? Err. Nope, I really don’t know.
11. What’s your favorite movie quote? True Romance – Alabama (played by Patricia Arquette) I kept asking Clarence why our world seemed to be collapsing and things seemed to be getting so shitty. And he’d say, “that’s the way it goes, but don’t forget, it goes the other way too.” I love this quote, I try to remember this a lot. Life can be terrible, really terrible, but it can go the other way too. And we can give it a nudge.
Now, to nominate bloggers. I’m worrying again, worrying that I’ve left out so many great bloggers. If our name isn’t here it is simply because we haven’t got to know each other well enough yet, not because you’re not amazing.
Ok, I have nominated blogs, big and small, that all share one thing in common, honesty. Blogs that move me.
In alphabetical order (is it a library thing, or just because I can’t bear to put one blogger above or below another?
- Mummy Kindness http://mummykindness.com/
- Belle Jar http://bellejar.ca/
- Delightful Dystopia http://delightfuldystopia.com/
- Notes from the Arena http://www.notesfromthearena.com/
- Positively Present http://www.positivelypresent.com/
- Suzie 81’s blog http://suzie81.wordpress.com/
- Vulnerability is sexy http://vulnerabilityissexy.com/
So, now you know me a little better – I hope I haven’t scared you off, or bored you to sleep!
(All images from Google)